Glad you are here. Anxious? Afraid? Angry?
Life coaching and mental health counseling can markedly improve a person's emotional well-being and overall daily personal and social functioning. Through a strong and trustful therapeutic relationship, healing and personal growth are made possible. My MISSION is to provide information and options regarding your situation, paying attention to your needs in the moment and for your long term goals, encouragement and practical feedback to address current life challenges and/or long-standing problems. I will help you find resolutions to a wide range of personal concerns. I offer quality life coaching and therapy with discretion, sensitivity, care, and integrity based on over 25 years of being in the helping field. I will work with you to improve your sense well-being, stability, and quality of life, as well as develop strengths and achieve life goals including image consulting. You will feel VALUED, VALIDATED and SUPPORTED. Although our work together can be hard work that requires the commitment of time, financial resources, the rewards can be life-changing. The Pros and Cons of Video/Tele-health.
- The ability to have therapy in a place you are most comfortable.
- If you are home-bound, don’t drive, or can’t make it to an office for a variety of reasons, this provides an excellent alternative.
- Reduces drive time, creating more convenience for you, saves time and on gas.
- It creates more opportunities to schedule with your therapist. If you can’t make it back and forth to the office for a 1-hour appointment with/including drive time, this is a great alternative to make that appointment happen because simple Tele-Health will save you time.
- Many insurances are starting to pay for online counseling services, so clients can use insurance benefits. It is recommended that you check with each individual insurance provider to see what the insurance covers.
- If you travel out of the area they can still attend sessions.
- Issues with technology can interrupt valuable session time. You can lose connectivity right in the middle of something important you are saying.
- The cable company can be working down the street and the internet goes completely out. This is why it is important to have alternate options, like hopping on a phone to complete the session.
- Things occurring in their environment can distract you.
- When it comes to phone sessions the therapist can’t see certain important non-verbal cues. The therapist might have to ask you to describe your feelings, thoughts and actions in more detail than in a face to face session.
- You may not always be the best at noticing or protecting their own confidentiality.
April Brobston MA, LPC, IRCADC, Life Coach 931-338-3160 or 931-551-8744