Current Cash Rates and Insurance Companies Accepted
NOT everyone should use insurance. I often get clients who know that if their insurance company or human resources department leaked that they were in counseling, that it could cause a problem. There have been people who lost the trust of boards, boss's, peers and clients when they caught wind that they were seeing a therapist. If this sounds like it is the case for you, you can and perhaps should, use cash or credit card to cover the cost of your sessions.
Individual therapy session (50-minutes) $150.00
Couples therapy session (75-minutes) $180.00
Half hour check in/Individual Relaxation/Meditation refresher/training (30-minutes) $75.00
Relaxation/Meditation and relaxation Group (60-minutes) $20.00 Cash or Charge only
Video and phone session (up to 50 minutes) $75.00
Don't forget to ask for information regarding Video Chat/phone sessions if needed.
Fees are due at the beginning of each session using the SQUARE, credit card or previously mailed and deposited check.
I do not double-book or over book. The scheduled time is reserved for you; if you do not show or fail to cancel within 24 hours, you will be charged $50.00 for the time. I find that this greatly reduces late or no-shows so that I can schedule in someone else for the appointment and also 'weeds out' the patients who are not fully invested in treatment. For chronic no-shows that are still committed to coaching/therapy, I will accept a credit card information and permission to charge your account for missed appointments.
We accept these insurance companies
Anthem BCBS of TN Chestnut EAP CIGNA ComPsych Magellan Optum-UBH TRIWEST-VCP
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Co-pays and deductibles are paid before the session begins. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Does my company have an EAP that will offer free sessions? How many?
- Our first session will enable the client to get a feel for what counselling involves and how it may help them. It will also enable the client to ask any questions or raise any concerns they may have before making such a commitment. Provide a time to discuss the practicalities of counselling by looking at times, cancellations, fees, confidentiality and the general rules that both client and counselor must abide by. Enable the counselor to make an assessment of the client's presenting problems and difficulties and decide with the client the goals of counselling and areas to be worked on in future sessions. Ascertain the suitability of any client for either long-term or short-term counselling. People suffering with more serious mental health problems such as eating disorders or severe depression are more suitable for long-term counselling. More importantly, this initial session is designed for you to make an assessment of the counselor and to decide if you can work with them. Attending an initial assessment does not mean that you are obliged to continue on to counselling sessions. If you feel at all uncomfortable about the counselor then it may be worth looking around until you have found a counselor you are genuinely happy with. All inquiries will be strictly confidential.
Other Services Offered
- Refer clients to other resources or services in the community, such as support groups or inpatient/outpatient treatment facilities.
- Partner with employers to help deliver the best outcomes for employees with "adjustment" issues.
- Sober Support Escort to events or travel to treatment: $200.00 per hour for events: days, evenings, weekends and holidays. $1200.00 per day for travel including all travel expenses.
- Coordinate treatment with other professionals at client's request, such as attorneys, doctors, probation officers, psychiatrists and social workers.